Student COVID Policies
Please read below for the current practices regarding HUSD students and COVID.
Students can choose whether or not they would like to wear a mask. If needed, masks are available as a resource to you.
Self-testing kits are available at school sites for families who are interested in taking one home.
Students are not required to be vaccinated for COVID and the district will not collect documentation related to this vaccination. Information about community sites offering vaccinations may be available through the HUSD Wellness and Community Outreach Center.
Courtesy Exposure Email:
As a courtesy, HUSD will notify parents via email if we become aware that their child has spent more than 15 minutes within a 24-hour time period in a shared indoor space with someone with COVID-19.
Per health and safety recommendations and HUSD Board policy, as with any illness, we encourage families to keep children home who display symptoms of illness, i.e. fever, vomiting, runny nose, etc. If you have any questions related to health, please contact the HUSD Wellness and Community Outreach Center.
Testing and Vaccination Resources
- HUSD offers kits to self-test.
- COVID-19 testing is available at multiple locations throughout Riverside County. Find the testing facility closest to you at https://gettested.ruhealth.org/.
- Walgreens and CVS also offer free testing. Make your appointment using the links below:
- Check for available appointments and book your vaccination at https://myturn.ca.gov/.
- Get a link to a QR code and digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record by visiting https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/