Workshops and Classes
Mental Health Workplace Trainings
Mental Health Workshops (Virtual)
Every month, starting September 2023 through May 2024, in partnership with Daybreak, the Wellness and Community Outreach Center will host a parent workshop on various mental health topics. All workshops will take place via ZOOM, and interpretation services in Spanish will be available. Please note there are different registration links for each class.
Mental Health 101
September 6, 2023, 5- 6:00 p.m.
- Understand what Mental Health really means
- Understand how it affects your Child/Teen and learn how to respond to signs of mental illness
Understanding Changes in Your Child's Behavior
October 4, 2023, 10-11:00 a.m.
- Identify developmentally typical and concerning childhood behaviors
- Understand stressors and risk factors
- Learn how to support your child through behavior changes
Depression: Guiding Your Child Through Depression
November 1, 2023, 5-6 p.m.
- Learn about the prevalence and impact of depression
- Identifying signs and symptoms of depression
- Learning ways to support your child
Grief and Loss
December 6, 2023,
- Understand the different types & impacts of grief and loss
- Learn what grieving looks like in a teen, emotionally & in their behaviors
- Learn how to support your child in coping with grief and loss
Exploration Lab Exhibit